Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Unit 22.2 Handmade Portrait Ideas

Handmade Portrait Ideas


Idea 1: For this idea, I will film a Handmade Portrait of my Dad, who does Model making, which he makes plastic model kits of planes, cars and tanks. I am filming my dad making his models with his friends who are also model makers and members from a model club. The location will be at my house on a Wednesday night as my Dad invites his friends to our conservatory to do model making, as this is a documentary showing my Dad’s free time life of his hobby and talent and socializing with his friends. Around the house I get some shots of 100s of my Dad’s model boxes in the garage, the bedroom and to see the displays of his finish models. I will interview my Dad in the conservatory to set what the documentary is about as he does his model making there and I will but one of his models like a plane next to him on the table, so he can see his talent. I will ask 5 questions e.g. When did you start, what inspired you to do this, why do you do this, what do you do in model making and what do use to do model making. During his interview, I will have it sometimes a voiceover to his making of models with his friends. The background music I will use the theme tune of the film called ‘The Dambusters’ as the film is a war film and many Model makers like this film and other war films as the story is to do with planes as this links to model making. At the start of the documentary with the text, I will try to put a pop comic of a model plane so it can be eye catching and colourful and links to the era of model making in the 50s - 60s.

The pros are I can film at my house of the conservatory and his model maker mates are coming on the Wednesday night, which they are making their models which you will see the hobby. The cons are of model making, it takes patient and a slow time which might be boring. The other con is that in the conservatory where they do their model making it’s a cramped place and might not be easy with the camera and tripod.

Idea 2: This idea is about my friend who plays the drums, which this is his talent. I will film him in his music room, where there are photos of him and his family and his drum kit is in the room. There is also a poster of music, so I will film around the room of the photos, the music poster and some famous band posters and the drum kit as cutaway shots. For the interview of my friend I will have him sitting at the left side of his drum kit or sitting at the seat of his drum kit as I will interview him. The questions will be ‘When did you start, what or who inspired you, Are you in a band, would you like to make this is into a carer? I will also film him playing his drums to see how talented he is. During he plays his drums I will have a voice over of him of his interview. The soundtrack will be his music and drums. At the start of the documentary might have a picture of a famous drummer or band poster that my friend grew up with and have the title ‘Handmade Portrait – The Drummer. With the text of the title, I was thinking to make the font look like rock and toxic which my friend plays rock music and punk music.

The pros are that my friend can take me to his to film in his music room with his drum kit. The cons are that the room is cramped and hard to move around of the drum kit.



Idea 3: The idea is I will film a family friend who makes cakes for weddings, birthdays and anyone wants to order a cake. She mostly does the house work put in her own spare time when she gets an order she makes a cake as it is a hobby and a talent. For the start I will tilt the camera down to see a bird’s eye view of the cake she made and have her make the letters on the cake of the title of the video and her name. With the interview I might film her sitting in the living room which to make her feel relax being at home or I might have her sitting at the table where she makes her cakes. I will have cut away shots of the equipment she uses to make a cake and her making a cake with a voiceover of her. The text will be beauty and pink like the icing of the cake. I will film her making a cake and might fast forward it so you can see it complete and at some parts you will see cake being made at normal speed.

The pros are that I can walk down to her house, easy to get to. The cons are that it might be sort notice for her and making a cake is expensive which I might have to pay for also she might be busy with other things.

Idea 4: This idea is about an old school friend, who is very talented of drawing and art. I will film her drawing of a character from TV or Film, as she is inspired and loves TV and Film like doctor who, Merlin and Luther also of Marvel Heroes. I will interview her next to a wall that is pined with her art and drawings, so it is set and you know what her talent is. The questions I will ask her will be when did you start drawing, what inspired you, would you like this to be a career and what do you draw and why? At the start I will have the text title being comic and having her drawings that are Marvel and DC as she is a big fan and inspired by them. During she is drawing, I will have the voiceover of the questions and I will fast forward some drawings at fast speed.

The pros are I can take a train and go to my friend’s house and I have asked if I can film her and she said yes. The cons that there might not a lot of kept drawings and might not see a lot of art and drawings.


The idea I am going to choice to do is idea 2 because I can film my friend on a Friday and he is willing to pick me up to get to his house and I think it will interesting to watch him play his drums as he is passionate about it and to listen about his talent and what he was inspired by also a lot of people will be interested by this because of music, which is poplar everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment