Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

unit 22.2 Treatment handmade portrait

Treatment: Handmade Portrait

Programme Title:
Handmade Portrait – Peter Jones the drummer

Scriptwriter/Director and Producer:
 James Grimley

Duration:  
1-3 minutes on Vimeo (internet). This video can be viewed on the internet any time and day.
 
Audience:
Ø      The Audience is other filmmakers who are also passionate about filmmaking, as it will be shown on Vimeo.
Ø     The audience can also be people that like music e.g. rock music. The ages 13 – 60s that listen to music and rock.

Résumé:
Ø     A documentary of a handmade portrait about Peter Jones who is talented with the drums. Peter being interviewed about his talent and the music he plays which is rock and punk and he explains how he got into rock music and playing the drums. 

Suggested Elements:
Ø     It is set in his music room, where there are photos of him and his family and his drum kit is in the room. There is also a poster of music, so I will film around the room of the photos, the music poster and some famous band posters and the drum kit as cutaway shots.
Ø     For the interview of my friend I will have him sitting at the left side of his drum kit or sitting at the seat of his drum kit as I will interview him.
Ø     The questions will be ‘When did you start, what or who inspired you, Are you in a band, would you like to make this is into a carer? I will also film him playing his drums to see how talented he is. During he plays his drums I will have a voice over of him of his interview.
Ø     The soundtrack will be his music and drums. At the start of the documentary might have a picture of a famous drummer or band poster that my friend grew up with and have the title ‘Handmade Portrait – The Drummer. With the text of the title, I was thinking to make the font look like rock and toxic which my friend plays rock music and punk music.

Filming one day on Friday 7 October. Takes one day to film and one day to edit as it is a one – three minutes video. I’m filming that day because Peter Jones is free on that day and finishes school at 4.30pm so I be filming at 5pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment