Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Advert Production Log

Production Log


On the 1st November we were given an assignment of TV Advert. We have to make a 30 second advert and pretend that it will be aired on TV.

On Thursday 3rd November, I started on my 1st task which was to do research the purpose and impact of advertising for television. Once that was done I had to do a presentation on them three adverts I researched but we did not did in front of the class. Instead we have to do a presentation video by using final cut pro.

On Friday 4th November, I did my ideas, the script, the storyboards and budget sheet. The idea is for my advert is that the product is Evian which is a water bottle where a 13 year old boy who is exercising by jogging around him hometown. The techniques I am using are jump cuts as I was inspired by the French New Wave films e.g. ‘Breathless’. Music places an important role as well ‘Keep on Running’ which that is the message towards my audience who around about 13-20s to get them up their feet to do exercise but also to buy the product ‘Evian’ to drink water as to be healthy. 

On Monday 7th November, I did my treatment, treatment budget, health and safety, did a questionnaire for finding my audience for my advert.

On Tuesday 8th  November, I did research on copyright to see if there is anything for my advert that I took from e.g. the song from Spencer Davis Group ‘Keep on Running’ and the product it self and of it’s logo. I also did research on ASA to look at banned adverts and to say way ASA banned the adverts.

On Wednesday 16th I booked at a flip camera to do my voiceover for the presentation video.

On Thursday 17th I recorded my voiceover for my Presentation.  

On Friday 18th I came back to college to edit my presentation on final cut pro and once I finished it, I went to book the E1z HD Camera and tripod for the advert and I also returned a flip camera as I used it for my voiceover for the presentation video.

On Saturday 19th November, I filmed on that day with my friend’s brother who is 13 years old which he is the actor of my advert. He lives the same home town as me and I filmed my advert in Shenstone. I said to Chris to meet me at my house at 11.30am and when he was there I gave him the realise form to sign. Once that is done we started filming. For the first shot I didn't want to get my dad’s taxi in the shot so we had to film at the end of my drive. The first shot is a close-up which was a low-angle of Chris’s trainers tying them. We filmed the first shot of 5 takes. The next shot still at the same place, I filmed many takes like 10 takes of a mid-shot of Chris putting his ipod ear phones into his ears and I wanted to get the sky in the shot as the sky was white which is the same colour that Evian uses to present themselves. The next shot I filmed was shot 3 where I filmed on a pavement where Chris runs on it. The shot was a close up of his legs to see him running, we did about 5 takes. I was filming on a green grass but one of the next door people said this is a garden which I did not know but he said it was fine. The next shot I filmed was shot 7 at an ally way as I filmed another close-up of his legs running. It took 4 takes, as I didn’t want any cars going pass where filming. Then the next shot was shot 8 where I filmed a mid-shot of him running towards the camera again it took 10 takes because of the cars getting into the shot. For shot 4 I wanted to film of a pavement with a row of houses but there was cars parked by which I wouldn’t able to film that shot so I decided to film somewhere else of a quite place on a pavement with a row of houses. Shot 4 is a wide shot of him running into and out of the shot. Then I filmed shot 5 at the Shenstone Park on the green filed again the same shot from shot 5 of him running in and out of the shot. Then I filmed shot 6 at the same location of a close-up to his legs running. I just realise I made a mistake on shot 4 because Chris was running the wrong way as he was running left he was spouse to run on his right, so we went back and did the shot again. We went back to my house to film the last 4 shots. Shot 9 filmed at the same pavement from the start but running back to the house so it was a mid-shot same as shot 8 so it contracts in editing of jump cuts. The next shot I did what shot 11 where Chris is walking slowly to his front door while he takes off his ear phones out of his ears in editing the music will go dead. That shot was a wide shot to get the whole of his body. The next shot was shot 12 which was a close-up of the fridge of his hand getting the water bottle. The shot was too dark so I had to use the exposure to light it up so you can see the water bottle ‘Evian clear. The last shot was the mid shot of him drinking down Evian showing the logo on its side towards the camera, we did like about 10 takes on it. Most of the shots are the same and linked from one another so it will be jump cuts. The shot where he takes his ear phones and the music will go dead is inspired by a film called ‘Reservoir Dogs’ where Mr Blondie goes out of the door and the door closes where the song goes dead and once he goes in again the music comes back in as the music is being played on a radio inside of the hide out.     

No comments:

Post a Comment