Pages

Friday 23 September 2011

unit 22.2 Ideas Haiku Video

Idea 1: The poem is "Like a dead friend putting, his hand on the shoulder, the autumn sun warms". For that poem the first shot will be a ghostly fade of a friend about to be a hand on the shoulder, the second shot will be the ghostly friend putting his hand on his friend who is alive, and I will have the alive friend look behind him to see if he is behind him, which then contrast to the third shot of the friends point of view which be the sun shinning down warm. In some ways this will be a short film for 17 seconds, but also it be a sad emotion film and supernatural, because a friend is dead and the ghost friend puts a hand on his friend's shoulder but can't be with him as he is lost in the spirit world. The Friend feels for his presence but he is gone and sees the sun shinning down on him.

The pros are, I can film this on a field with two of my friends, I know how to make the ghostly fade in editing by filming two shots at the same potionation without moving it, so you have one shot of the dead friend in and the one shot of with out the dead friend, during editing you bed the two clips on top of each other and putting a cross dissolve looking like a ghost. The cons are that the weather might be bad and not sunny at all, also might have problems with the two shot of the ghost effect because the actor that is alive might do something different in the second shot and in editing it won't work and it will be a bad video.


Idea 2: The poem is "Concrete left, in the fire's wake, a ball bounces". For this idea I can film around my house by filming a concrete on the road, pavement, back of my garden and the drive at my house. I was thinking of putting a cross-dissolve to the next shot so it contrast to each other. The next shot I will be filming a close-up of a match being lit, by seeing the glow of the flame and in editing i make the sound of the match being and the spark loud. Again I will put a cross-dissolve to the next shot, which will be a ball bounces on concrete so it links to the first shot. By using the ball I will bounce it cross to the other end seeing it going side to side, then in editing I will slow down the speed to see the action more detail the sound of the ball bouncing.

The pros are that I can easily film it at my house, and I got all the props not is needed and I can use a family member to help with lighting the match and bouncing the ball. The cons are it might be a boring video and the film quality might not be great.

Idea 3: The poem is "in the numbing cold, the hand wiping the machine, occasionally tenses". For this idea I will set it out my house, for the first shot I film hands shaking so it seems that the person is cold, then the second shot will be a kettle, when the hand is turning on the kettle which links to machine. The third shot will be hands holding a cup of hot chocolate, which the hands will be occasionally tenses. For sound, I was thinking of putting the sound of whispering wind so you know it is cold, sound of feet wiping on the rug, and the sound of the kettle boiling. This will be a winder Haiku Video showing from cold by heating up by a cup of hot chocolate.

The pros are I can film this is at my house and I have the kettle. The cons it might be hard to show it's a cold day, the audience might think it's someone rubbing their hands, and try to not show the sun shinning on the window to the kitchen of the kettle.


The idea I am going to film is idea 2, because I have the props and I believe I can make it verionsary interesting and it is easy to film it, as I can film it at any time at my house. Also the video is focusing on the sound, so i need to make sure that none of any other interrupt sounds get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment